Wednesday, September 10, 2008

William Richard at 10 Months . . .


I am forever amazed at this little man that Dan and I have the privilege of raising. Will has definitely been keeping us on our toes the last few months and is now MOBILE. His curious little hands are into everything from the vents in the floor, the contents of the refrigerator, the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, the toilet bowl (yuck!) & anything dirty or covered in germs.....and we can't forget to mention his new fascination- closing the door behind him and sitting on the other side of the door in hopes that no one can come into the room he is in. He even giggles when we try to move him with the door. Everything is a game and you can't help but play along.
I've found myself thinking,"Am I doing this right?", "Should I be doing something more?"... It's crazy how you are given this huge amount of responsibility and then sent home from the hospital with a smile and a pat on the back...meanwhile all of us mom's are thinking..."WHAT DO I DO?". I try my best to take it one day at a time and live in the moment with my sweet son. I have come to realize with his personality that a schedule is VERY good for him. If I give him an inch he will take a mile(sounds familiar). He has a wild spirit and although I encourage him to try new things and take on the the pots and pans in my bottom drawer....I'm learning to set limits, and it's hard. For example saying, "no." or "no you may not play with the butcher knife that you found in the dishwasher."...followed by my babies clinched fists and a face that turns as red as a tomato and a scream that would hurt anyone's eardrums in the near distance. Then I have to address the temper and it goes on and on. Mom's out there are going, "Yes, I remember that!". Fun, Huh?? I'm with Will most of the time so I know by setting limits for Will the Thrill now, it will be easier down the road when he is bigger than I am. (tear, tear)
Everyone told me when he was an infant to take in every moment with him and cherish each day with him because it goes by fast. That it does! Wow! Will is turning 1 October 24th! This year has flown.
I love you sweet baby William . . . I always will.

4 comments:

Rocky said...

WHAT A HANDSOME LITTLE MAN! OH YEAH, HE OBVIOUSLY TAKES AFTER HIS GRANDPA ROCKY!! SO OBVIOUS.
WELL, OK, HE APPARENTLY HAD A PRETTY GOOD PARENTAL DNA/GENE POOL TO DRAW FROM. :-)
LOVE YOU ETERNALLY,
DAD...GRANDAD

Katie Martin said...

thank you, Dad. I love you too . . . miss you all the time.
xoxo

SMITHNATION said...

I think the little guy looks alot like Mommy. What a cute baby. He has grown since he was at our church last. I think it was after I had my little girl. They grow so fast don't they?

Katie Martin said...

They do!!!! I can't beieve little Will is 1 YEAR OLD in a month and a half.