Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Politics and Barracuda's

Politics....a very touchy subject. Everyone has a built in defense system that turns on when this subject matter is brought up. It brings out the worst and the best in people. I have very strong beliefs and opinions in the realm of politics and religious issues. I choose at most times to keep my mouth shut in social circles to avoid having ridiculous conversations that go no where. I would rather have an adult conversation with someone who really wants to know more about what I believe in...not someone who is just waiting for their turn to talk. I love to discuss political and social issues that are going on in our world and I learn so much from the diverse world of friends that I have. Thank God for them!
On this note I've been so disgusted with the media this past week. I'm thrilled that McCain has chosen Sarah Palin as his VP! What a break through for woman...and she stands for so many things that I believe in...God, Family, Life, Environment. I've heard from some women that this isn't a step for our sex( After all she isn't a feminist). This is where I say...Not all women are Feminist!! There are women like myself that are strong, brave, intelligent, and stand for rights for everyone. But, this doesn't mean that women who take a stand and have the opportunity to be leaders choose to be feminists. This is why our world turns. We have DIFFERENT, DIVERSE, and an incredibly colorful world of people who have beliefs that are not our own. I choose to be accepting and open to the ideas of others.
Dan and I often refer to Sarah Palin as "Sarah the Barracuda"...and she absolutely is. It just makes me ill to see the media covering the story on her young daughter who is pregnant. I understand how important it is for our country to KNOW who is running as the Republican VP, but there is line that has been crossed in their privacy. It's the only thing I've heard yesterday and today on the Today show. It's the only thing the newscasters talked about during the breaks on the Republican National Convention last night. S. Palin has been very open about her history and the issues with her family..but to me it only makes her more real. More human. We all have family crap and hardships. It's how you handle the hardships that mean the most to me. I just wish the media would give them some breathing room. Cover the story and be done with it.

Here's to the next president taking over and making this country a better place to live in and raise our families in ... whoever wins the next presidency!

4 comments:

amanda megan said...

Amen to every word you wrote!

I actually wrote a note on my facebook page today, and I am not usually a political person - but I love Palin!

SMITHNATION said...

Amen to that Sista! How more real can you get then Sarah. She's got my vote.

Unknown said...

Very nice post

Dani said...

I'm so glad you love her...I'm so mad that they are still on her even now. I wish McCain would stand up for her...I think that is a testimate to his character as well. :(