Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Spinx Run Fest 2008

The day is coming fast and I feel confident that I'll finish the race. The half marathon is scheduled for October 25th in downtown Greenville. I'm looking forward to finishing something I started back in February. It's been such a struggle to get back into shape and it feels great to run distances that I haven't run since I was in high school. Having a great running partner has helped tremendously! Jen is such a great motivational person to run with, and I'm so thankful that we share something like this to keep each other on top of our game. I've had a goal for years to complete a marathon, and we plan on signing up for that in February of 2009. I'm starting to deal with sore feet and shins...so I'm praying that my body will get the "pins and needles" and stiff legs so that so I can keep moving on without injury. Anyway, it's great to overcome a goal I've had and move on to the dream of finishing a marathon!

Here's to 10 miles this Saturday morning!

2 comments:

k-frank said...

wow, katie! what an accomplishment. I give you a lot of credit for being persistent and pursuing this goal of yours!! good luck!!

Katie Martin said...

thanks...I had to do something to get my body back!! Thanks for the love =)