Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Taking a break before I split my head open

I had to sit down for a moment and write. I felt myself starting to breath heavy and doing eighty million things at once and decided it was time to....take a break. I am currently sitting here looking at a living room filled with open and closed boxes, a coffee table filled with odds and ends, an ironing bored leaning up against the only wall that is empty, and Will's toys spread all over the floor. UUUUgggghhh. I try to be organized. I really, really do. Why didn't I get that gene from my Mother??!! I start on one project and then my mind goes to something else. For instance I came home from the grocery store this morning and decided that I was going to go through all of my laundry and get rid of everything I don't need. I started to go through my clothes and thought that maybe I should go ahead and puree' some food before Will woke up. So, I started pureeing and before I knew it I had five different things I was trying to accomplish. Then I just decided to give up and sit down before I have a melt down. There is just way too many things going on in life right now and it just doesn't seem like things ever slow down. I'd love to just have an hour to myself....no one around, a book and a hammock...that's all I ask. hahah!

Dan and I are headed to Maine on Monday. We'll be leaving our new place filled with boxes and headed home. I'm thrilled to see my family. It's been too long since I've hugged my Daddy Bear. I miss my mother and sister terribly but I see them more often when they come down to SC for mini vacations. I'm sure I'll have endless stories from the trip and look forward to posting some pics.

Until then.....I'm headed back to the laundry.....boooh.

xoxoxox

1 comment:

Esther said...

Katie,
I can totally relate to the whole overwhelmed feeling at times - and I don't even have a baby yet! Sometimes I wonder how I'll ever do it as a mom. Plus, I have a really hard time with just sitting and resting - I always feel I should be doing something.

Anyway, you're not alone. I hope the moving went well, and I'll see you soon!
~Esther