Monday, August 4, 2008

Run2Overcome

Photobucket


This is a picture of my friend Jen and I at the end of the race we finished this past weekend. The run was so much fun, but had a meaningful purpose. The race was to benefit a family who experienced a terrible experience. About two months ago a 19 year old girl was raped while going for a Sunday morning jog at 9am. It happened in a nice area and at a time you wouldn't think something like that would happen. Before we started the race two victims of abuse/rape spoke and inspired everyone to be cautious and aware of your surroundings when you run by yourself. I thought about the victim as I struggled through all of the hills and challenges the race brought. There was a huge turn out...I think over 1,000 ended up coming and supporting the cause. What a fantastic day!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Wow - great job on your run Katie! And what a sad story about that girl - it's crazy how things like that happen.

Anyway, also wanted to let you know that you've been tagged on my blog (www.meaningfulalbums.blogspot.com) so check it out...

Katie Martin said...

I've been tagged? How do you tag someone?? How fun to be tagged! =)